Summary of changes
31 Oct, 2016: Initial policy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is my mhealth Limited of a company registered in England with company registration number: 07881370 and having its registered address at Suite 5, 17 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EW.
System – means hardware and software utilised by my mhealth Limited to provide the service. Either made available through the internet or applications or websites that you access through your devices.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our system, including but not limited to demographics, clinical history, Health Care Professional details
- Data collected from mobile devices that you use including but not limited to the data provided by sensors like location and acceleration.
- Details of your activity using our system including, but not limited to, traffic data, time spent in each resource and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
This cookie and your IP address will be used to record the pages you visit on our system. We will use this information to analyse the way our system is used and to administer and improve the accessibility of our system, for user login authentication and in the shopping cart system to track the cart contents.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored and operated in the NHS infrastructure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and from our system; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information collected from you will remain in the N3 network and operated by the NHS IT professionals.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Our system is designed to facilitate the delivery of individualised care and educate patients on inhaler technique and their respiratory disease. It is also designed to facilitate clinicians manage patient populations and operate on data that you provide. The personal and health related health information that we collect from you will, therefore, be used to tailor the information we provide to you on our system and to ensure that it is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- Our system is intended to be a platform that patients can use independently, with their nurse, doctor, or with community pharmacist assistance. Where you have provided the contact details of your GP and/or nurse, your health details collected through the system will be available to the relevant health professional and used when discussing your treatment preferences with them.
- In particular, where you indicate through our system that your symptoms have worsened we may send alerts to your health professionals whose contact details you have provided to us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Should you consent to us adding your personal details to our research database, we may use this information to contact you and invite you to participate in relevant studies.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- to keep and store on our Database.
- to assess your suitability for inclusion in clinical trials and studies.
- to provide you with information about clinical trials and studies that you request from us which we feel may interest you or which you have expressed an interest in.
- to respond to requests from pharmaceutical companies and research organisations about potential candidates for clinical trials that they may wish to conduct.
- to share your information with pharmaceutical companies and research organisations to enable them to assess your suitability for inclusion in clinical trials and studies and/or to enable them to invite you to enrol as a participant in such clinical trials or studies.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- hospitals or academic institutions for occasional use in relevant studies if you have opted to have your details added to our research database. The information that is used will be made anonymous and will be confidential. In these instances, we shall inform you in advance and you will have the choice to opt out of the use of your information in connection with such study.
- third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- we may collect anonymous statistical data on the use of medications which may be shared with the NHS and other third parties to optimise spending.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You also have the right to request the deletion of all of the data we hold about you. If you do so, you are aware that important data might be unavailable that maybe needed to make important decisions about your health care by the clinicians. We are not responsible for the outcome of you requesting to have your data removed from the system.